New Zealand Tax Returns Prepared In Australia

If you left New Zealand during the tax year there is a good chance you are entitled to a New Zealand tax refund. We can let you know how much is owing at absolutely no cost to you.

New Zealand Tax Returns prepared in Australia

If you left New Zealand during the tax year there is a good chance you are entitled to a New Zealand tax refund. We can let you know how much is owing at absolutely no cost to you.

Our New Zealand expert, Mike Reddy, is a New Zealand accountant and NZ-registered tax agent based in Sydney. 

If you left New Zealand during the year to live in Australia we can help you get your tax refund!

If you are an Australian who worked in New Zealand over the last tax year you may also be entitled to a tax refund.

As registered New Zealand Tax Agents we can prepare, check and lodge your New Zealand income tax returns with Inland Revenue meaning faster refunds.

Click here to check out our reviews on Facebook!

We’ll tell you what your NZ Income Tax Refund is – For free!

Even if you aren’t sure whether you have claimed back all of your tax or not, we can check that out for you at no cost whatsoever. Just contact us, we’ll find how how much of a refund you are entitled to and let you know.

No refund entitlement, no charge.

And if you are entitled to a New Zealand tax refund, we do not take a cut out of your refund. After all, it’s your overpaid tax so why should we get a percentage of it?

Our fee is $200 and you don’t pay anything until we have actually prepared your tax return.  We don’t ask you to pay in advance.

Simply call us 1300 791 600 or complete our secure online form.

Here’s why you might be due a tax refund from New Zealand


Did you move from New Zealand to Australia?

If you moved from New Zealand to Australia you may well be entitled to a tax refund even though you can’t claim any costs.

That’s because New Zealand’s tax system is based on an assumption that you will keep earning right throughout the year.

So if you happen to earn $5000 in a month you’ll be taxed assuming you will earn $60,000 in a year.

Of course, if you moved to Australia halfway through the year you would only have earned $30,000.

And that means you were taxed at a higher rate than you should have been, meaning a New Zealand tax refund might be waiting for you.

And that refund could be a refund of thousands. It’s really as simple as that and we try to make it as easy as possible to claim back your tax refund from New Zealand.


Did you earn wages while working in New Zealand?

If you earned wages while working in New Zealand you may be entitled to a refund.

We can access your income tax details using our tax agent link with Inland Revenue’s secure server and complete your Tax Return.

In fact, we’ll happily find out what your NZ tax refund is for absolutely no charge at all!

You decide if you want us to prepare the tax return for you. With the average refund of $1800, we charge less than half the price of Woohoo!

Refunds are usually in your bank account within a couple of days. We accept payment for New Zealand tax returns by PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and by EFT and in either Australian or New Zealand currency.

Just $200

It’s easy to claim back your New Zealand tax refund


  • Appoint us to be your New Zealand tax agent (we’ll send you a link to a secure form on our website to make that easy as pie)
  • We will connect you to our NZ tax agency and have a look to see if you have any unclaimed refunds
  • We will let you know what New Zealand tax refunds you are entitled to. We’ll offer to do your tax return for you.
  • Our fee to claim each tax refund is $200. If your refund is so small we can’t process it for you (every tax return is prepared by us to make sure everything is right), we’ll let you know and we’ll even send you a link to WooHoo.
  • If you agree to our fee, we will prepare your tax return and send you an invoice.
  • You can approve your tax return online or with your phone.
  • Once you have approved your tax return and paid our account online using Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal or by bank transfer we will file your tax return. We accept both NZ and Australian currency!
  • Most tax refunds are settled within days

$300 - Special Rate

Were you self-employed or registered for GST and need a New Zealand income tax return completed?

If you are required to file a New Zealand Income Tax Return because you were self-employed and you have your figures available, then we can offer you our special rate of $300 (including GST).

Registered New Zealand tax agent Mike Reddy will personally check your figures and prepare your New Zealand Income Tax Return for you. We’ll then electronically lodge the Tax Return through our tax management system updating your details and letting Inland Revenue know there will be no more Tax Returns (if that’s the case).

A clear conscience at last!

Questions about New Zealand Tax Refunds?

Our New Zealand expert, Mike Reddy, is a New Zealand accountant and NZ-registered tax agent based in Sydney. He works with individuals throughout Australia to help take care of your New Zealand tax questions and Returns from our Sydney-based office.

Having been preparing and filing New Zealand tax returns and claiming tax refunds since 1994, Mike is the most experienced New Zealand tax agent in Australia. He is regularly engaged by Australian tax agents and accountants who have clients with New Zealand interests.

So when it comes to looking after your New Zealand affairs, Mike can definitely help you with the right advice.

There is no charge for a quick chat so we can talk you through the issue.  Call us now on 1300 791 600.

Download Our FREE Smartphone App

For the lastest tax tips and important tax dates

What our clients say

NZ Tax Returns

We can register you for all relevant nz taxes and complete the tax returns for you to ensure you get everything you can.

NZ Business Specialists

No one incorporates more New Zealand companies for small Australian business owners than we do. Period.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!